Freight and Damaged Goods Policy:
If you have received an item that appears to have been damaged in transit-call or email us immediately, preferably while the driver is still there. If you do not inspect your shipment for damages right away, (within three days) we cannot be responsible for freight damages. When goods leave our dock, they are in perfect condition. Those items that say "Free Freight" are to the contiguous United States only. Larger (freight) shipments are curb-side only. A signature and possibly assistance may be required for unloading. We will work with you to arrange a delivery date and time, but, the final details will be between you and the freight carrier.
Steps for Handling Freight Shipments
- Inspect the shipment when it arrives along with the Driver’s Receipt -- DR (slip of paper the driver will have you sign).
- Make sure all items are present.
- For Example, if your DR states 5 pieces make sure all 5 pieces are there.
- If not, go ahead and accept the shipment and note how many pieces you actually received and how many are short, then contact us with the details of the missing piece(s) ASAP.
- Thoroughly examine all of the freight.
- Damage to the exterior of the package(s):
- If there appears to be damage on the exterior of the package(s), then you have the right to ask for the package(s) to be opened to inspect the contents or to open it yourself to inspect it before signing the driver’s receipt.
- If the driver refuses to let you inspect the package(s), reject the entire shipment and contact us immediately. We will arrange for a replacement shipment to be sent as soon as the rejected shipment is received back at our dock.
- After inspecting the inside of the package(s) and it appears the product IS NOT DAMAGED, sign for the shipment as received in full.
- You may note damage on exterior of package(s) on the driver’s receipt.
- If after inspecting the inside of the package you find that the freight IS DAMAGED:
- Reject the entire shipment and contact us immediately. We will arrange for a replacement shipment to be sent as soon as the rejected shipment is received back at our dock.
- No identifiable damage to the package(s):
- It is still recommended that you inspect the contents of the shipment.
- If there isn’t damage to the freight, then go ahead and sign for your shipment as received in full and intact.
- If you later notice damage after the driver is gone, this is considered concealed damage. Take photos of the original carton showing no damage and the damage to the goods and email them to us at the address below, ASAP.
- For concealed damage a claim must be filed within 10 days of date of delivery.
NOTE: it is very difficult to get paid on these types of claims, therefore-check all packages carefully, upon arrival, as pointed out above.
Contact Regarding Freight Issues: Jose 800 51-Grill or Jose@Cunninghamgas.com